Saturday, July 6, 2013

Project Life, Weeks 25-26

With these two weeks, I've finished the first half of 2013, and I'm fairly certain this is the longest I've ever stuck with a project! I love it! With the stressful, crazy turns our lives have taken this year, dealing with my boys' health needs, I haven't had the time or mental energy to keep up very well with most of my previous scrapbook blogging and creative team commitments. Still dealing with the guilt over that. But somehow, this paper-hybrid form of scrapbooking doesn't trip the same "stress" triggers as the CT stuff, maybe because it's pretty much just for me? Either way, I've truly enjoyed completing each week. Working with physical product, making pretty pages, has refreshed my love of this whole hobby and I've gradually found myself falling back in love with digital scrapbooking, too. But, after playing with paper, my digital scrapping has changed. I'm more aware of how my pages would look "in real life," and I tend to make element choices now based on realism, and things I might choose for paper pages. I wouldn't say my style changed, but I think it's improved. Maybe I'll share a few of my recent digi pages here soon. But on to the good stuff!

Week 25



Cards and embellishments from Studio Calico's Project Life kits, Traci Reed and Paislee Press' Frolic cards, Traci Reed's Freestyle Frames, Traci Reed's 4x6 collages, Becky Higgins' Jade kit, Simple Stories' I {Heart} Summer Snap cuts, AC glitter tape, SC stars and arrows stickers.

Week 26



Quite proud of my hybrid cards this week. I used Gennifer Bursett's Anchored papers to design the striped "Color" card and the blue ombre card. Also printed two cards from Traci Reed and Sugarplum Paperie's Coast to Coast set, and added some digital touches with Traci's Freestyle Frames and Everyday Scribbles. Finally found a use for the 4x6 photo overlay that came in my June SC Project Life kit. More cards/embellies from SC kits, various letter stickers, and washi finished off the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment