Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week in the Life: Friday Words & Photos

How are you doing with Week in the Life (if you're participating)? I was feeling a little burned out today and took about 1/3-1/2 the number of photos. Keeping up with these crazy busy boys and remembering to grab the camera don't always go hand-in-hand. I caught a few funny moments, though, and I keep reminding myself that anything I document is one more story that wouldn't be recorded otherwise. I can't compare myself to others - my life is different. Each of our daily lives is unique, presenting different challenges and situations. I wish my photography skills were better - every day I am in awe of Ali Edwards' photos, how she so beautifully captures the simple everyday things. Now, this is partially because my house is messy and I never have a clean background LOL. But the memories are there, regardless of my photo quality. I can edit later, too (and will!). Thank goodness for Photoshop! I am proud of myself, though, for keeping my DSLR on manual all week! It's been fun to experiment a little with that. I only know the basics of manual mode, but I definitely get better pictures. Can you tell which shots were from my DSLR and which were from my point-and-shoot or camera phone? I took a lot fewer DSLR shots today, though. Anyway, here are my favorite photos of the day - see you back here tomorrow!

Morning doesn't start until I've had my coffee.

Catching up on Daily Pages - with coffee, of course!

Breakfast.

Boys eating while I sit at my desk.

Our "front door" - you have to go through the gate or garage to get to our actual front door.

Off to the grocery store and pharmacy.

Hey mom!

Playing outside - gotta stay hydrated!

Hmm... what's beyond the gate...

Playing together. Warms my heart :)

Yummy dinner of honey chicken and brown rice that Cai refused to eat.

Avyn sure enjoyed it though.

Riah messily enjoyed his rice cereal. Feeding a baby solids at first is like playing pin the tail on the donkey. Only messier.


"Hey, somebody help me!" Cai dragged the laundry basket into the kitchen - Riah had climbed in it and, of course, gotten himself stuck. Thankfully Cai pulled him to me instead of "helping" Riah himself!

"Hey, mom! I'm just chillin' here!"


Did you notice the artwork adorning this page today? One of the boys got ahold of it and a pen, apparently. Oh well, now I have their thoughts about Week in the Life recorded for all time! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed getting a glimpse into your daily lives this week. Thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have enjoyed it! Thanks for commenting too, its so exciting to see comments on my posts and know that someone is actually reading them :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, just thought I'd pop in and let you know that your twitter acct is spamming people. I've received about 6 spam messages in the past week. If you change your password, it should take care of it.
    Thanks
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I've been receiving the same spam from others, its a nasty one. I just changed my pw for the 2nd time amd hope this clears it up. So sorry!!

      Delete